Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Ars Cultus

A new path has unfolded before me, one that has been taking shape for the past two years. I have always believed that an act of creation, anything that involves using the talents that you have been given, especially to make art, is like an act of worship. The gods create, the Universe creates, and so to imitate the Divine is the surest way to flatter it. Offering your work to the divine energy that inspired it is far more powerful than offering sacrifices. Why would this Universe, showering perpetual blessings upon us, while we must deal with our own problems... why would it ever ask for a sacrifice? What use do the cosmos have for physical things?

Art transcends its physical representation. It is inspired by and appreciated by the higher self. This is why art and all acts of creation are my way of living my faith, of worshiping without sacrifice, but yet still pouring my heart out and crafting beautiful things for the divine grace that offers their shapes to me.

The Art of Worship.

I am excited, now that I have fully awakened this sleepy idea inside of me, to see how I live it.

~Madeline

No comments: